Let's move this list to discourse ?

Laurențiu Nicola lnicola at dend.ro
Fri Jan 5 08:49:00 PST 2024

> Now being a "subscriber" is pretty
> easy, both with Mailman and with Discourse, but the point is that I value
> the ability there must be a way for me and you to bring this conversation into
> a private one, and I don't see any other way to do that w/out exchanging our
> emails in the same way this email is being exchanged.

You could log into Discourse and send a direct message with your email address.

Anyway, I don't think we should move this list to Discourse. If some SAC members want it to behave exactly like mailman, that's really unlikely to happen in the near future. And I'm worried that trying to make it do that, e.g. by disabling HTML email support, would "poison the well" for everyone else.

The Discourse is mainly for the user communities, and I think they'll be really happy to use it.

Laurentiu