[SeasonOfDocs] OSGeo Season of Docs kickoff meeting notes

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 04:21:23 PDT 2019

Matteo, Johanna and I met to discuss putting together a Google Season of
Docs proposal on behalf of OSGeo.

IRC logs:

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2019-04-08.log

Key points:

We have decided to join forces and put in an OSGeo proposal.

We will start populating a wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_Of_Docs_2019

I (Cameron) will copy ideas into wiki from
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yriJoybYjsCKhprNLNGGanw8HRA5Z8GhrNrA5RjavUU/edit#heading=h.s584ca6y83ac

Competition is likely to be tough, expect to only get 1, maybe 2 writers
allocated to us

Would like to focus on getting writer to mentor, help, work with
volunteers from our community.

Focus will likely be on selecting a QGIS based topic which can be
piloted, with a deliverable being a template which can be rolled out to
other OSGeo projects in future (in conjunction with OSGeoLive).

We have 2 weeks to get our proposal in, by 23 April, so we need to move
quickly.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier