[SeasonOfDocs] Hello

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 05:13:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

Cameron suggested I send an email to the list introducing myself, so here
it is!

I am Nick Bearman and I split my time between two roles Teaching Fellow in
Geospatial Analysis (University College London) and GIS Trainer &
Consultant (Geospatial Training Solutions [my own consultancy]).

I have contributed to QGIS documentation a couple of times, I regularly
write and deliver GIS training courses to a variety of participants, and
release some as Creative Commons material.

I'm keen to learn how to contribute more effectively, particularly to QGIS
documentation, and I am also looking to run a workshop on how to contribute
to OS documentation at upcoming FOSS4G UK event in Edinburgh, UK in Sept.

I am familiar with Git/GitHub and Markdown. The RST format of the QGIS
Documentation site sometimes eludes me! I look forward to working with you
all.

Thanks very much to Cameron for coordinating and starting this project.

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
01209 808910 | 07717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of
normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of
your own working pattern.