[SeasonOfDocs] Hello

Johanna Botman johanna at jbotman.com
Wed Apr 10 14:06:56 PDT 2019

And an introduction from me too ...

I am an Assets / GIS Officer with a local government body in Melbourne, Australia. My professional background started as a High School English teacher and meandered through IT and now into GIS. I have been responsible for writing training material for a wide range of software and delivering it through face to face and what was once called Distance Education.

I love QGIS as software, and I admire the community that brought it to life and continues to maintain it. I want to make a contribution to that community and the FOSS community and I've been around long enough to know that I will never be a coder, so understand that my role will be in documentation. And I've had my share of frustration trying to make sense of the current processes to contribute.

I'm looking forward to being mentored through the Season of Docs to build better skills and eventually share them with more writers and more FOSS projects.

Johanna