[SeasonOfDocs] Hello

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:50:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

let me introduce myself too :)

I'm Matteo Ghetta, working with Paolo Cavallini in Faunalia. We have a
longstanding experience in open source GIS and one of our main
activities is leading training for private people, public authorities
and companies (mostly in Italy).

Personally I contributed to the QGIS doc since a long time. I won 2 QGIS
Grant Proposals (the first to write all the Processing algorithm help
files and the second to update the Training Manual to QGIS 3).

Since a couple of months I'm the QGIS doc team coordinator so I'm really
deep involved in the docs ;)

I think this GoogleSeasonOfDoc is an awesome chance to improve the
documentation efforts of QGIS. During the last meetings we really
understood that the "lack" of contributions is mostly due to the complex
framework (rst, sphinx, git, github, transifex...): in other words, many
people are interested to contribute, but even for a small change (a
typo) this framework is too complex.

IMHO, the complexity of the framework is mandatory (we cannot think to
write odt files, we NEED git - sphinx), but this could be a good chance
to make life easier for potential contributors.

Thanks to all (especially to Cameron that is leading the proposal)

I'll do my best to contribute to the proposal

Cheers

Matteo