[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs Project status meeting 7 Aug summary

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:38:54 PDT 2019

Apologies for the delay in sending this. Let me know if I got any details
wrong.

Attendees: Cameron, Clarence, Erin, Felicity

* Decision register

Let's keep it really simple. Too much means it makes it too hard to
maintain and folks will stop doing it. Let's use a date format that works
internationally: YYYY MMM DD. Put the most recent at the top.

Erin suggested moving the decision register from a Google Sheet to our
Github wiki. Action: Erin will do a mock-up of this and circulate so people
can see what they think.

* License, CLA, DCO

No update on this as yet. This is a blocker because it's preventing people
from putting content into the repo.

Not enough folks in this meeting to decide. Let's pursue as a matter of
priority.

There was  some chat about Josh from Tidelift(?) and some interns at Google
who are keen to contribute, so we need to get our contributor guidelines in
place.

Action: Clarence to do a copy edit of the content Cameron has put into the
licence page. We also need a legal review on this page.

* Sourcing an email list

This is probably our second priority after Licensing.

Archiving is important. We want to avoid single person ownership (everyone
needs the keys). We don't want to lose continuity in our email
conversations when move from one solution to the other.

* Setting up template directory and source material

We need to setup Github template repo. Put our CC-0 license in it. Action:
Felicity can do this.

* Logo

We need to choose an icon - Erin will pay and put letters on it - because
she doesn't want to lose her Adobe CC licence :-)

We want a charismatic mascot for stickers.

   - Templatypus - negative implication of things being stitched together
   like a Frankenmonster.
   - Doctopus - Doctopus is easier to say, and memorable. Lots of legs
   means it can multi-task. Perhaps we should grab the doctopus domain?

Action: Erin to start email thread with proposed Noun Project icon for
logo. See if she can get money for doctopus design for mascot.

* Style guide

We need to make a decision to apply to our website content now with a view
to a longer discussion and get some of the heavyweights in on it.

Action: Clarence to start an email thread.

Erin will re-send the invitation for next Tuesday. This time she will tick
the box so that guests can modify the agenda items.