[SeasonOfDocs] Doctopus Logo discussion thread

Erin McKean emckean at google.com
Tue Aug 13 11:54:58 PDT 2019

Hi folks!

It seems as though Doctopus is the consensus choice (vs templatypus) and so
this is a thread to sort out the logo.

I have pinged the internal designer at Google who might have spare time for
this, and I will also have an internal budget discussion today about
external design help.

In the meantime, I present my favorite of the Noun Project octopus icons:
https://thenounproject.com/search/?q=octopus&i=1441577 (for US$3 you get
nonexclusive rights to use the icon)

Right now I think we can probably wait until I hear back from the
designers, yes? There's not a ton of urgency for the logo at this point,
just need to keep it moving. :)

Our choices will probably range from realistic/cartoon; single/multicolor;
variation options (eg do we want to vary the doctopus by color for
different events, or have different items held in tentacles); text options
(text on the doctopus/no text/ text surrounding the doctopus).

Anything I'm not thinking of? Please suggest!

More soon!

Erin

--
Erin McKean | Developer Relations Program Manager, Open Source Strategy |
emckean at google.com | she/her