[SeasonOfDocs] Email list research

Sanket Totewar sanket at totewar.com
Tue Aug 13 14:28:56 PDT 2019

*From today's call*

Additional comments from Sanket: A couple of features that GitHub
discussions have that make them a better choice are (1) the ability to
watch/unwatch
teams
<https://help.github.com/en/articles/watching-and-unwatching-team-discussions>
, subscribe/unsubscribe to/from discussions
<https://help.github.com/en/articles/subscribing-to-and-unsubscribing-from-notifications>
 and pin/unpin discussions
<https://help.github.com/en/articles/pinning-a-team-discussion> and (2) it
allows markdown so we get checklists, emojis, tables, etc. which greatly
improve readability.

Additional comments from Jo and Cameron: The GitHub discussions API
<https://developer.github.com/v3/teams/discussions/> can be used to fetch
discussions but we may need to store them in a place from time to time in a
searchable format.