[SeasonOfDocs] licensing discussion

Jo Cook jo.k.cook at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:22:06 PDT 2019

That's good to hear.

I asked the question (which is preferred- CC-By or CC-0) at my work, and on
the OSGeo:UK discussion list, and the opinion was overwhelmingly in favour
of CC-By. No real commercial justification or pros/cons were given, only
that people generally like the idea of attribution. Someone enquired about
why we haven't also considered GFDL (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License) but I think
the conditions rule that out anyhow.

All the best