[SeasonOfDocs] Geonetwork meeting notes

Jo Cook jo.k.cook at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:17:36 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Yesterday we had the second fortnightly meeting about the geonetwork
component of Season of Docs, so I thought I'd give a quick summary.

Since our first meeting, we've created a google doc of the Geonetwork quick
start guide, and many people have provided constructive feedback on it. I'd
like to give chance for a few more people to comment, then start to work in
the improvements, and then hopefully get one of our wonderful technical
writers to review.

Byron Cochrane has created a spreadsheet of the current documentation down
to sub-chapter level, with a quick overview of the current state of each
sub-chapter, and this is going to act as our springboard for assigning
sections of the documentation to volunteer reviewers to work through. We'll
probably use the google docs approach for this as well, since it works well
for collaboration.

I still have an outstanding action from our first call to review the 3.6
release notes and check that all new features have at least some
documentation- hopefully I'll have chance to do this before our next call
and feed the results into Byron's spreadsheet.

Although Geonetwork 3.8 will soon be ready for release, we've decided to
focus our documentation efforts on Geonetwork 3.6 as this will be the
stable version for some time and it's the version that new users are more
likely to pick.

The links to the google doc Quick Start guide and the spreadsheet can be
found here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019#GeoNetwork

If you'd like to join any of our fortnightly calls, then the link below
shows you what time they are in all timezones- the next will be on Thursday
25th July. Please email me for an invite to the hangout.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Geonetwork+Meeting&iso=20190711T10&p1=136

Thanks and all the best

Jo