[SeasonOfDocs] formats, tools, workflows

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:30:33 PDT 2019

Thanks Jennifer,
Ideally, TheGoodDocsProject writers shouldn't have to worry about formats
and tools. My preference is to highlight that we have a problem with the
limited options to date, find a workaround, and park the problem hoping
that some techies will step up and solve it for us.

I'm mildly in favour of using RST with git to start with. Of note, the
workflow that I"m seeing emerging has been  RST -> HTML -> Google Doc
(+Spell/Grammer Checkers+Grammerly) -> Google Doc + Review comments and
track changes ->  RST.
I suspect this might be our best option to date. It is messy and I'm hoping
we can find something better in the long term.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254