[SeasonOfDocs] Bootstrapping TheGoodDocsProject Steering Committee

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 04:30:58 PDT 2019

Good questions Clarence,

These procedures are based on a principle of "just enough process".
Enough to provide a guiding framework without burdening people with red
tape. It relies on volunteers thinking altruistically to apply common
sense and good judgement.

I've noticed that if intrinsically motivated people are selected to join
a community, and you assume the community will act wisely and in the
interests of all, then most people in the community do act wisely and in
the interests of all (and everyone has more fun in the process).

Communities with more rules do work and I'm open to adopting them. But I
feel the red tape overhead doesn't add enough value to make it worth
adopting.

Cheers, Cameron

--
Cameron Shorter