[SeasonOfDocs] Status from TheGoodDocsProject meeting today

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:28:21 PDT 2019

Very rough minutes:

Attending:
Cameron
Erin
Jo
Clarence
Jennifer

Covered:
2. Kickstarting a project steering committee
Clarence and Erin agreed to join the Project Steering Committee. (I'm
hoping the rest of you identified will send an email to this email list
confirming you can make it too)

3. Status on License Selection and possible legal entities to use
Erin as copied notes to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17YFSSPbHl7FfPh-PQjjqVM9hlCHdVjSHW6p9XcN8ODw/edit#heading=h.j07vhc1ze9x3
I notice that Felicity has copied this into:
https://github.com/thegooddocs/governance/wiki/Licensing

I'm hoping that we can get legal departments from some of the big
organisations some of you work for to contribute to this conversation.
(Erin has started a conversation with Google legal)

4. Status on collaboration with "WriteTheDocsGuide"
Opinion of the meeting was that TheGoodDocsProject is unique enough to
justify creating a separate entity from WriteTheDocs, and that we can
address user confusion with similar names by cross referencing between web
pages.

Considered creating our own legal entity (as suggested by Jo). This will
likely be easier if we don't accept payments. Legal input into this
conversation would be great.

5. Status on information architecture
Clarence has volunteered to copy ideas into Jo's structure doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u656sQLSH5JspMvYqjuZuyCVTVwgIqisnyA6NO5AUgQ/edit
Ideas:
* Minimum Viable Docset and future iterations
* Target personas

6. Status of selecting source template material
* Erin is working on this with regards to Google
* Suggestions that we start building an "Awesome list" of links to relevant
material. A starting point is here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019#Best_practice_templates
* Jennifer has some material she should be able to share

7. Considering source doc formats and tool-chains
* Discussed and rough consensus was that we should focus on text rather
than formats.
* Ie, this is a non issue for the moment
* We will pick one format to work with for the moment.

8. Next meeting in 6 days, same time.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier