[SeasonOfDocs] Important: OSGeoLive Geonetwork Quick Start help needed

Jo Cook jo.k.cook at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:40:11 PDT 2019

Hi All, but specifically Cameron and Felicity,

I have had a go at updating the OSGeo:Live Geonetwork Quick Start guide.
For various reasons this was really tricky as the OSGeo:Live and
Geonetwork's own quick start guides are not identical! Secondly, I used
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/style-guide/procedures-instructions/describing-interactions-with-ui
to do the styling of the elements but I'm not 100% happy with the result.
Thirdly, I couldn't test what I've done as I couldn't get OSGeo:Live docs
to build locally on my laptop!

So... I've submitted a Pull Request to our fork of the OSGeoLive-Docs
repository (https://github.com/thegooddocs/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/2) but it
needs reviewing both for language *looks at Felicity* and for whether it
actually builds *looks at Cameron*. We're so short of time at this point,
and I'm totally out of time myself for really working on it, so if it's no
good, or it needs too much work to get it integrated into the new
documentation, then I don't mind if it's ignored. It has been a useful
learning experience at least, and it was always a long shot as to whether
there was time to do it or not.

Thanks all,

Jo