[SeasonOfDocs] QGIS Training Manual top 4 sections

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 05:40:44 PDT 2019

Hi Jared,

here the main 5 sections of the QGIS Training Manual:

* simple chapter, Module 2 [0]. This is one of the most simplest chapter
we have. Be aware that even if simple, it contains a "Try yourself"
section: it does not change anything from the user perspective, but the
writer has to add in another chapter (Answer) the solution of the exercise

* complex chapter: Module 12 [1]. The framework is the same (user and
writer perspective) but the challenges are more hard to achieve (linux
commands, etc)

* specific topic chapter: Module 15 [2]. A complete workflow of specific
topic oriented tasks. IMHO we should push to have more of this kind of
"specific" sections but it could be hard to maintain them: e.g. it can
happen that some examples are a repeated example of existing sections

* specific QGIS chapter: Module 18 [3]. Not yet updated to QGIS 3, this
is one of the most important section of the whole manual. All the
algorithms of QGIS are run within the Processing framework, same for the
graphical modeler and the batch interface. We can think of this as a
kind of manual within a manual.

For me these are the 4 different kind of resources you can find in the
Training Manual, all the others look similar.

Cheers

Matteo

[0]
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/introduction/index.html