[SeasonOfDocs] Google Season of Docs 2019 - OSGeo

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon May 6 05:04:56 PDT 2019

Hi Raghav,

You ask a good question, which highlights some holes in our ideas page.
We have listed what we want to get done, but haven't yet focused much on
defining the criteria for selecting who we should select.

I'll start an email thread on this topic on our list and hopefully
should have a answer for you soon.

Thanks for your interest,

Warm regards, Cameron

On 6/5/19 3:14 am, Raghav Jajodia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am Raghav Jajodia, a software engineer from Bangalore, India. I have
> been a diligent open source contributor and have been a student under
> the following:
> 1. Google Summer of Code 2017 student
> 2. OWASP Code Sprint Winner
> 3. FOSSASIA CodeHeat 2018 Grand Prize winner
>
> I have mentored more that 250 students in technology, majority being
> females to improve diversity in tech space. I have served as a mentor
> in various programs like
> 1. Google Summer of Code 2018
> 2. Google Code In 2018
> 3. IIT Kharagpur Winter of Code 2017
> 4. Rails Girls Summer of Code Coach
> 5. Wootech Mentorship Program Singapore
> 6. GirlScript Summer of Code 2017
> 7. LearnITGirl (4th Edition) 2019
>
> I have made code contributions to challenging technology organisations
> like Zulip, FOSSASIA, NRNB, OWASP etc. I am proficient in the
> technologies used in the development by the organisations. I am fluent
> in written and verbal English. I have been making code and
> documentation contributions since last 4 years. I have gone through
> the wiki for the Google Season of Docs 2019.
>
> Apart from building a solid proposal, I would like to know, what
> exactly should I do in this period to increase my chances of
> selection. I am looking forward to be a long term contributor, both in
> terms of code and documentation for OSGeo organisation. Looking
> forward to your response.
>
> Thanks,
> Raghav Jajodia
> Github: https://github.com/jajodiaraghav