[SeasonOfDocs] [Season of Docs - Discuss] Re: Ideas page moved across to wiki

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:36:11 PDT 2019

Hi Fred,
Thanks for reaching out. I've watched your video from start to end (AG001).
I found it very interesting.
(In summary for those watching: you've recommended specific story patterns
which make technical documentation more impactful, and you have referenced
research backing this up.) I'd love to link to a written version of this
video. Do you have one? Or could you create one?

I'm hopeful you will bring your domain expertise into building best
practice template(s) that can be used by the rest of the world.  Concept so
far is here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019#Best_practice_templates
Are
you interested?

To avoid swamping the general SeasonOfDocs email list, let's move this
conversation over to our project-specific list:

Warm regards, Cameron

On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 03:22, Fred Williams <
williams.technical.english at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Cameron,
>
> Sorry to break into your threads, but this seemed the best place to post.
> (I cannot add something to your wiki talk page.)
>
> I'd like to offer your project this fraktal structure/template for
> presenting conceptual topics, steps, and outcomes in documentation.  (See:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mlFpwEkIVo   skip to 12:15)
>
> Connect with me if you're interested.  Use:    fred williams
> williamstechnial prague writer    to find me quickly.
>
> best,
>
> Fred
>
> On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 3:34:07 PM UTC+2, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>
>> I've moved my ideas page across to the OSGeo wiki (from google docs).
>>
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019
>>
>> People can edit in the wiki now.
>>
>> The QGIS section could possibly have ideas refined or added to.
>>

>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technology Demystifier
>> Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>>
>> M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>>
>> --
> season-of-docs-discuss at googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/season-of-docs-discuss/90e2b075-1e46-4361-9d5f-36e6ebbe999c%40googlegroups.com