[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs status meeting 4 September 2019

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:54:46 PDT 2019

Notes from today's meeting.

Attendees: Cameron, Erin, Jo, Felicity, Sanket

Email list

Jo has been talking with GitHub support and looks like it won't work. We
can't bend it to be what we want it to be. Groups.io seems to tick all our
boxes. Archive downloads, public access. Nabble seems uncertain/unclear
about the free-ness/ads. Users complain about paying for upgrade but still
getting ads. Scratch GitHub discussions. We can still use Nabble for
archiving. We can still use GitHub for specific issues or repo discussions.
Action: Jo to send an email around to wrap this up and get going.

CONTRIBUTING.md

Clarence has powered ahead with this. Action: Cameron to pull it in to the
core project.

Quickstart guide

Action: Felicity put thoughts in email thread about starting of Google doc.
See if Clarence can cut and paste his stuff into the Google doc then move
forward from here.

Licensing/DCO

Erin spoke with Max Sims, Open Source Lawyer. He's willing to come and have
a meeting with us. Erin will book a meeting with Max over the next couple
of weeks. Why not CC-0? In some jurisdictions, you are unable to give up
your copyright in the way it says you can. He considers it a "messy"
licence. Action: Erin to set up meeting.

CLA vs DCO. It looks like there may be a hybrid solution. Commit template
you can use from UI or the CLI that by committing you have "signed" the
CLA. Include a statement on our website along the lines of "If you are
committing to this project, we expect that you agree with our licence."
Action: Erin will look into the mechanics of the hybrid solution.

Logo update

Erin is meeting with the Doctopus designer next Tuesday afternoon - will
get first drafts and direction.

Decision log wiki page

Close it out. That's the format.

Docsy