[SeasonOfDocs] GeoNetwork Docs meeting notes

Swapnil Ogale swapnilogale at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:17:24 PST 2020

Hi Bryon,

I just put your tutorial in a Google doc so people could comment and
provide feedback
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I8h6_O2kikna-HUjWM_-iK9yVL8CM3OQyl0sytpoTKI/edit?usp=sharing
The images don't load, but I am assuming you have these?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Swapnil

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 19:22, Byron Cochrane <byron at openwork.nz> wrote:

> [...]
> return to “Top concepts” and select *SeaVox salt and freshwater body
> gazetteer*. Scroll down and select the “+” to the left of “Tasman Sea”.
> This will add *Tasman Sea* to the “Continents, countries, sea regions of
> the world.” text box.
>

> *Step 8: *
> Click the green “Save metadata” button in the upper right of the window to
> save your edits.
>
> *Step 9: *
> We will now capture some thematic keywords for our resource.
> Repeat steps 1 through 4 with the following exceptions:
>
>    - For “Choose keyword from Thesaurus”, select the thesaurus titled
>       “GEMET - INSPIRE themes, version 1.0”
>       - Click on* Search …* the *GEMET - INSPIRE themes, version 1.0*
>       text box that now appears in your metadata record.
>       - Select “Oceanographic geographical features” from the dropdown.
>       This is now added to your keywords as keyword type “Theme”
>

> Note: Your administrator will need to have added the GEMET thesaurus to
> complete this step
>
> *Step 10:*
> Save record as per previous instruction
>
> Related resources:
> # Creating your own thesaurus (Admin guide?)
> # Editing your own thesaurus
>

> Cheers
> Byron Cochrane
>

> OpenWork Ltd
> Nelson, New Zealand
> byron at openwork.nz
> +64 21 794 501
> https://www.openwork.nz/
>
> “*The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so
> certain of themselves, yet wiser people so full of doubt*” - Bertrand
> Russell
>
> On 20/02/2020, at 11:46 AM, Swapnil Ogale <swapnilogale at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds good, thanks!
>
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 09:45, Byron Cochrane <byron at openwork.nz> wrote:
>
>> Will be working on this this afternoon. Can discuss tonight. May be
>> asking advise during the process. We updated GN install to 3.10.x and not
>> finding the interface as friendly to capture thesauri based keywords as I
>> hoped
>>
>> Cheers
>> Byron
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 17/02/2020, at 11:17 PM, Swapnil Ogale <swapnilogale at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Byron,
>>
>> Just checking in - how did you go with the tutorial for keywords?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Swapnil
>>
>> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 21:33, Swapnil Ogale <swapnilogale at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Byron,
>>>
>>> Here is the rough outline of the tutorial template we discussed for the
>>> Keywords topic.
>>> Feel free to change any headings/sections to better suit your needs.

>>> ##This is a mandatory step in creating a metadata records

>>> Discipline
>>> Theme