[Shapelib] make & make test issue

guy picton phillipps gpictonphillipps at wcs.org
Thu Apr 22 07:01:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install mapserver from source on a clean install of
Ubuntu 9.10 32bit server version.

Prior to trying to install shapelib, I have installed the following
libraries:

freetype-2.3.12
gd-2.0.35
jpegsrc.v6b
libpng-1.4.1
proj-4.7.0
zlib-1.2.5

The directory where untarred shapelib files are stored is
/usr/local/src/shapelib-1.3.0b1

Running 'make' from this location as root gives the following:

=======================================
root at vbox9-10serveri386:/usr/local/src/shapelib-1.3.0b1# make
cc -g -Wall -c shpopen.c
shpopen.c:237: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall -c safileio.c
safileio.c:68: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall shpcreate.c shpopen.o safileio.o  -o shpcreate
shpcreate.c:64: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall shpadd.c shpopen.o safileio.o  -o shpadd
shpadd.c:85: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall shpdump.c shpopen.o safileio.o  -o shpdump
shpdump.c:86: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall shprewind.c shpopen.o safileio.o  -o shprewind
cc -g -Wall -c dbfopen.c
dbfopen.c:151: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall dbfcreate.c dbfopen.o safileio.o  -o dbfcreate
dbfcreate.c:61: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall dbfadd.c dbfopen.o safileio.o  -o dbfadd
dbfadd.c:69: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall dbfdump.c dbfopen.o safileio.o  -o dbfdump
dbfdump.c:76: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
cc -g -Wall shptest.c shpopen.o safileio.o  -o shptest
shptest.c:65: warning: âcvsid_awâ defined but not used
=======================================

running 'make test', also from this location as root gives:

root at vbox9-10serveri386:/usr/local/src/shapelib-1.3.0b1# make test
******* Stream 2 Succeeded *********
./makeshape.sh: 8: shpcreate: not found
./makeshape.sh: 9: dbfcreate: not found
./makeshape.sh: 11: shpadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 12: dbfadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 14: shpadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 15: dbfadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 17: shpadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 18: dbfadd: not found
./makeshape.sh: 20: shpdump: not found
./makeshape.sh: 21: dbfdump: not found
make: *** [test3] Error 127

I see that the CFLAGS in the Makefile can be edited, but am not clear
what should be edited or whether this is the cause of the problem?

I have spent some time searching for hints to this, but so far have
drawn a blank, so any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks,

Guy