[SoC] Students are coming...

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:56:06 EDT 2007

I have set up a wiki page to track the progress of each project on the
milestones that Cory mentioned. You can find the wiki page here:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/2007_Google_SoC_Project_Milestones

At this time it only contains a sample. As the student slots are assigned
I'd like to get a name for each of the student projects. Then I'll add an
entry on the wiki page for each one. As the project completes each of the
milestones listed they can let me know. I'll update the information, or they
can update it themselves.

Should we set a deadline for completion of these initial milestones? This
might keep things moving and get our students an early start on their
projects.

I also think we need to clarify one thing.

What OSGeo mailing list do we want students to subscribe to? The regular
OSGeo-Discuss list, or the OSGeo Summer of Code list?

I will offer to post student updates or project progress reports on my
OpenJUMP blog, unless there is another "official" OSGeo blog that we can
use.

Let me know if you have suggestions for the project milestones page. I was
going to set up a table, but couldn't figure out how to do that in this
particular wiki editor.

Landon