[SoC] Students are coming...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 02:03:45 EDT 2007

Cory Horner wrote:
>> What OSGeo mailing list do we want students to subscribe to? The
>> regular OSGeo-Discuss list, or the OSGeo Summer of Code list?
>
> 1. The development mailing list for the project they are on

For sure!

> 2. OSGeo-Discuss? (not sure if this is useful)
> 3. private students list (not sure if this is useful either -- a
> non-public space for students to communicate amongst themselves without
> mentors, alternatively, we could just give them each others' email
> addresses)

I'm not sure what the point of a students list would be.  I'm sure that
students can find each other if there is a need.

> We probably want to keep the osgeo soc list to mentors only.  Not
> creating a student+mentor list would force students out into the open,
> one would hope.

I would actually think having the students join this list *would* be
helpful for discussing things about how OSGeo is handling the SoC.  I
would note that even if we don't want the students on this list, it is
still public, so it isn't like this is a private place we can discuss
sensitive topics.

Are there any objections to having all the students join this list?

Best regards,