[SoC] Final Evaluation Nears

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 17 12:33:22 EDT 2007

Folks,

As you have all presumably been notified, Monday at noon Pacific time
is the "check point" for final evaluation of student efforts by mentors.
By that point all students should have provided code, documentation and other
supporting materials for evaluation.

Mentors (including backup mentors, or anyone listed as a mentor in the google
web app that wants to fill out the surveys), and Students need to complete
evaluation forms by the end of August at the latest.   I must stress that
if a students primary mentor (the one listed as owning their proposal in the
web app) does not fill out a survey, the student will not be paid for
completion and given credit for completing.  Likewise, if students don't fill
out their surveys they won't be paid or credited with completing the program.

Since all materials should be in place by noon on Monday, I would like all
primary mentors to complete their surveys by Friday August 24th.  That gives
me a few days to verify things were completed, and make arrangements if any
mentors are missing in action.

If any mentors are planning to give their students an unsatisfactory report,
I'd appreciate a chance to hear about it from the mentors in advance of
submitting the report.  I want to ensure that we are reasonably agreed on
judgement criteria and so forth before submitting a negative evaluation.

Best regards,