[SoC] GeoWebCache Update

Marius Suta marius.geoserver at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:10:12 EDT 2008

Status Report and update on GeoWebCache for the week ending on July
4th, 2008

This week I:

  - finished implementing TileLayer Serialization with XStream.
  - discussed with my mentor the API for GeoWebCache. made an API
proposal ( can be found under http://geowebcache.org/trac/wiki/api_proposal
  )
  - begun coding write capabilities through the rest interface.
  - finished coding the DELETE layer request and begun working on PUT.

Next week i popose to finish up coding the PUT and POST requests
(early in the week) and figure out some sort of synchronization/
locking mechanism for the RESTDispatcher during HTTP requests. Once
that is in place, I will turn to adding acegi security to GWC.

Thanks,

Marius Suta

PS: Happy 4th of July (for those celebrating)