[udig-devel] [SoC] uDig - Digital Evalation Model

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 01:29:46 EDT 2008

Josef, first of all my compliments. Keep on like that.

> That looks very fun ... I am trying to think of all the stuff we could do
> with an elevation layer; I assume we can make some kind of function that
> returns the height for a given point; next up we would want an operation to
> assign height values to lines; we could probably make one that performed a
> layer + dem = new layer.
>
> I am sure this is an area where the JGrass people are way ahead of me; I am
> not sure if their domain should be called hydrology or "downhillology".

We will for sure exploit Josef's work. I'm looking forward to play
around with those a bit. We already have several modules in JGrass
that make calculations through interaction of feature and raster
layers as for example network extraction from dem to shapefile. In
fact they are the most funny :)
I am hoping that Josef's plugin will give us one more (often used)
format to start from.

Ciao
Andrea