[SoC] SoC Report: Mapbender Automated Update Routine

Siddharth Prakash Singh spsneo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 13:32:53 EDT 2008

Hello Devs

Mapbender Automated Update Routine : Status Report for week ending July 18
2008

What I did this week:
This week I started working on the second part of update routine - Updating
Mapbender File System. I discussed the whole thing with my mentor Christoph
Baudson. Initially he suggested me to use some checksum algorithm to find
whether Mapbender Installation on user's system has been customized. I went
through many algorithms and was trying to make a comprehensive list, but
then my mentor again came to my rescue and suggested me to simple use md5
(cryptographic hash function) already implemented in php to check the file
system consistency. But, now I guess sha1 should be a better option , though
I havent yet discussed with Mr. Baudson. I also decided how to organize and
store the checksums. I will present all these details to my mentor in IRC.

What next week:
I will start coding this week. And unlike last half, I will keep sharing my
code as frequently as possible.

Blocks: None

--
Siddharth Prakash Singh