[SoC] Status reports!

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Jun 6 09:21:17 EDT 2008

On 06.06.2008 15:49, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
>>
>> You should write a mail to your project development mailing list *and*
>> Cc to discuss at lists.osgeo.org. Prefix your emails with "SoC Report:",
>> so that we can more easily spot them. ;)
>

> Should the status reports really be CC'd to the discuss list? That could
> result in quite a bit of noise on that list which is for general OSGeo
> discussion and not intended for specific info like this, especially at
> the rate of 20 reports per week.
>
> I think the most important is to get the report to the project's own dev
> list (and users list if there is one), perhaps with a CC to the SoC
> list, but I'd rather not see all the reports on the discuss list.
>
> What do others think?

Sorry my bad. I meant to say soc at osgeo.org... OTOH sending the reports
to the discuss list will bring some attention to our SoC efforts to all
of our members, some who might not even be aware of the SoC. But if
others think it is too much, then I can make a formal correction.

So far we have Daniel and Frank against the general discuss list.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>