[SoC] Status Report: Reimplementation of v.voronoi and v.delaunay in GRASS GIS

Martin Pavlovsky mpavlovsky at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:51:35 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

Status report #2 for week ending on 13th June, 2008.

This week I studied Guibas-Stolfi algorithm in much more depth. I am getting
a pretty good understanding of
the underlying quad-edge data structure, which has some very neat
properties, such as is stores a graph and its dual, which is great, since
Voronoi diagram and Delaunay triangulation are dual to each other. This can
be used for very cheap switching from one to the other.

Next week I will be implementing the above mentioned algorithm.

There has not been any blockers so far. However, I had some duties at the
college,
therefore my progress was slower than I expected.

Regards,

Martin Pavlovsky