[GRASS-dev] [SoC] Status Report: Reimplementation of v.voronoi and v.delaunay in GRASS GIS

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Jun 13 18:17:04 EDT 2008

Thanks for the update Martin! Yes the quad-edge is a nice structure,
unfortunately it is quite expensive memory-wise. You might want to look
at the winged-edge data structure also, which is very memory
conservative. An idea could be to use different algorithms basing on
size of the map and perhaps as a user choice.

Some references you should look up:

* Worboys, M.: GIS: A computing Perspective (http://worboys.duckham.org/)

* Delaunay triangulations in TIN creation: an overview and a linear-time
algorithm (http://tinyurl.com/3s4s4h)

(I have more references should you want more)
--Wolf

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>