[SoC] SoC Report: Geo-BI dashboards

Etienne Dube etdube at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:53:56 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

1. What did I do this week:

- Created a private svn repository for my code.
- Developed a Java servlet which is able to query a GeoMondrian cube
(submitting an MDX query using olap4j) and serialize the geometries of
spatial members (on the resulting cellset axes) to GeoJSON, using
MapFish's java libs.
- Wrote some ant scripts for packaging my servlet into a .war and
deploying it to my Tomcat installation.
- Tried to display the generated GeoJSON with OpenLayers. I'm having
trouble displaying any GeoJSON layer (inspired by Bjørn Sandvik's code
at
http://blog.thematicmapping.org/2008/04/thematic-mapping-with-geojson.html),
either from a static file or directly from my servlet. I will look into
this next week.

2. What do I plan doing next week:

- Fix the display of GeoJSON objects.
- Think about a way to manage the display of thematic maps according to
measure values corresponding to spatial members.

3. Am I blocked on anything:

- I'm not able to display GeoJSON objects in OpenLayers, but I still
haven't tried hard enough :) . Maybe I'll need some help from experts
here...

Have a nice weekend,

Etienne