[SoC] GRASS - Network Analysis - report

Daniel Bundala bundala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:54:07 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have finished v.net.distance module this week. The module is a mix
of v.distance and v.net.path modules. It takes two sets of vector
features and a network and for each feature in the first set computes
the shortest path to a feature in the second set. It computes the
length as well as the path itself. Here is a couple of nice pictures:
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/nd.png,
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/ndt.png,
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/ndtd.png. Blue and orange lines show
the shortest length and time paths respectively. I spent the rest of
the week by bug fixing the modules and fixing any non standard
behaviour. There was more work to do, especially in the latter case,
than I had expected..... Hopefully, everything is fixed;)

For the next week, I am planning on integrating timetables into
routing algorithms.
Fortunately, there are no blocking issues this time.

Best,
Daniel