[SoC] GRASS - Network Analysis - report

Daniel Bundala bundala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:00:13 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I worked mostly on module for finding fastest paths using timetables
this week and I made several improvements. Firstly, the output is
stored in two attributes tables. One for stops/points and another one
for routes/lines. All information necessary to reconstruct the path
and times is in these tables in the format very similar to the one
used by v.net.path module. Secondly, the module can now output the
route itself, not only stops joined by straight line segments. So
instead of http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/tt.png, you can get
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/ttp.png. Although it is quite hard to
see, note that the line joining two points on the left is a straight
line. This is not a bug but a feature --this corresponds to walking
between the stops. Thirdly, it is possible to give the coordinates of
two points and the module finds the closest stop to each of them and
hence the fastest path between them. Finally, I remember doing some
minor bug fixes earlier this week, but I have already forgotten what
it was...

There are no blocking issues. I plan to, finally, polish and finish
all modules next week and, if time permits, begin documenting modules
and/or code.

Cheers,
Daniel