[SoC] Ossimplanet integration with Grass and Qgis - status report #4
Massimo Di Stefano
massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Sun Jun 21 13:27:48 EDT 2009
here the 4-th report for my project :
In the last week, after some coding i can see that he main-app file
was too much long
that is no good beacouse the code is not easy readable.
doing some test, i can see the threaded class "joystick and gps tools"
consume a lot of cpu-resource
i decided to do a complete revision on the code :
- extracted some function and class from the main file
and store it in separate files (the code results more readable,
and each tools can be easy re-used out-side the main app)
- done a complete revision on the trheaded class,
now the trhead are colled only when they really needs
i also added in the joystick code a line used in pygame
to reduce cpu usage when possible.
The results code is more fast and readable.
In the last week i also worked on :
- a query tool to ask information on grass layer (both raster and
it runs r.what + v.what on a list of selectable layers avaiable in
the active grass-mapset.
- initial test about the grass code to produce "legend images" for
this is needed to produce kml screen overlay
- create a blog page for the project to describe the project
i had some problems to activate the "leave comment code" now seems
i also need to create a better page to store reports .. for now i
leave it as raw text files
what to do the next week :
- separate each tool in separate files produce some (minor) code
issue, i need to learn how to send
a message from one widget to an other one (e.g. create connections
bettween different tools)
if some one has pyqt knowledge i have some questions for him ;-)
- rework the web-map based tool using kamap2 (it will consists in a
web-gis based on a mapfile produced on the fly, it read the layer to
render from a list of grass layer, so i'm coding an interface to
- i'll be in Bolsena for the osgeo hacking event i'll try to receive
feedback, suggestion for a full coding-week
More information about the SoC