[SoC] off the record mentoring possible for osgeo gsoc project?

Dolf Andringa dolf.andringa at elcyon.nl
Mon Mar 30 08:49:12 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine brought the Google Summer of Code under my attention a
couple of days ago. I already took a look at it last year, but as I was
finishing my MSc thesis, I couldn't commit myself to it last year. The
result of finishing my MSc thesis last summer is that I graduated in
September. So I am not a student anymore, which makes my application to
the SoC impossible for this year. And only now I realise there is na
osgeo project which I would really like to apply to (did it also exist
last year?). The people in the #gsoc irc channel told me that
application rules are very strict, but that it might be possible to find
a mentor who is willing to mentor me off the record during the SoC, of
course witout the stiped from google. Since this is still a great
opportunity to learn, I would really appreciate the opportunity it if it
were possible.

Sincerely,

Dolf Andringa.