[SoC] QGIS on steroids - week #10

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 13:29:32 EDT 2010

Hi all

I think I'm basically done with profiling of the performance of vector
data. A number of possible optimizations have shown up - for full
list, see [1].

With experimental implementation of the suggested optimizations, the
rendering time of testing shapefile went from 260ms to 200ms. Fetching
of all data went from 1360ms to 815ms with PostGIS provider, from
1365ms to 510ms for OGR provider (involving also optimizations within
OGR shapefile driver).

Next week I'd like to implement properly most of the mentioned suggestions.

Currently I am not blocked on anything.

The full report can be found on the SoC project wiki page:

[1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGIS_on_steroids_GSoC_2010

Martin