[SoC] Weekly Report for Week 12. gvSIG.
lc.bianconi at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:06:23 EDT 2010
I describe shortly the activities of this week aimed mostly to understanding
the extension system of gvSIG and to do tests and implementation for trying
concepts step by step.
I've finally implemented a new DAL provider that needs to be fixed (1 work
day) with someone from gvSIG development team, probably after GSOC, as I've
discussed with my mentor.
What have I done:
* implemented a SQLite DAL provider extending the gvSIG
functionalities, using the library I've created during the past weeks, based
on JDBC drivers already available in gvSIG
* studied and tested Maven most advanced features (jar creation, pom
* studied the code of suggested extensions (in particular other JDBC
* studied the documentation on the gvSIG DAL  
* discussed with my mentor about activities to be done after GSOC
(like writing the same provider for gvSIG 1.9/1.10 after having fixed the
problems in the one implemented during the GSOC)
What I plan to do next week:
* cleaning code and fixing stuffs I could do on my own
If there's time:
* finally implement the 3D/4D geometry support
* implement exceptions classes for the library already developed
* create the maven project for the library implemented in the
* No real problem.
* eventually loose some time for fixing the "3D/4D problems" with
JTS(java library used here for WKB/WKT) and SpatiaLite Blob. Probably I will
be obliged to implement all these functions outside JTS.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC