[SoC] Pencils down!

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Aug 9 18:39:15 EDT 2010

Hello all!

Today was the suggested pencils down date from Google. That means that
the firm pencils down is next Monday, and anything you do after that
is no longer part of GSoC, but extremely welcome! :D

I know many of you are going to continue working with your projects
and that is very good! Even encouraged! :D We need more smart people
like you working on our projects to make OSGeo that much better!

Anyway since your next report is going to be your final report I'd
like to see something a bit extra. So in stead of the standard
questions I'd like to see a wrap-up of the whole summer. What wen
well, what were the major issues, what was fun and/or interesting to
work on? And then of course a summary of what your project does, and
if you have any plans on improving it and/or to continue working on
it. Are you maybe going to use this as part of say a thesis or
something?

Also since it is pencils down you need to submit your code *before*
the deadline to whatever repository you have. also note that Google
will be expecting you to upload your code at the end of August (more
on this later, or if you are really curious, you may ask, and I'll
send you the instructions ahead of time ;) )

The next step is the Final Evaluation which opens on Monday the 16th
at 19:00 UTC.
*The deadline for the final evaluations is on Friday 20th August at 19:00 UTC.*

Students, don't miss this deadline! Else you won't graduate. Mentors
don't miss this deadline, or your students will be in for delays and
I'll have to explain our lack of performance to Google ;)

That is all for now,
Thank you to all students for your great work and thank you to all
mentors for your great help!
Wolf Bergenheim
OSGeo GSoC 2010 Administrator