[SoC] QGIS on steroids - week #7

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:29:35 EDT 2010

Hi

first, I'm very sorry for the late delivery of my report.

I have continued mainly with the transition of the vector data
providers to the new data read API as outlined last week. I have
migrated all the remaining providers except GRASS provider: gpx,
delimitedtext, memory, spatialite, wfs and osm.

Other part of my work in previous week was refactoring of
QgsVectorLayer class: to move all the code related to editing to a
utility class, so it will be easier to overlook the locking of the
buffer and the code of QgsVectorLayer gets a bit cleaner. This is a
work in progress.

Next week I'd like to continue with the refactoring of the vector
layer code and evaluate the most important missing bits in fully
functional threaded rendering, so that we can concentrate on the
second part of my task: speed optimizations. I am not being blocked by
any particular issue.

More verbose report will be available on the wiki page once it will be
unlocked (it is currently locked due to spam issues):
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGIS_on_steroids_GSoC_2010

Regards
Martin