[SoC] Weekly Report for Week 9. gvSIG.

luca bianconi lc.bianconi at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:23:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I describe shortly the activities of this week aimed mostly to testing the
latest/fixed version of gvSIG 2.0 and understanding how working with
extensions.

It's been pretty interesting as usually it is when you're getting deeper
into particular aspects of a software.

What have I done:

   - tried to understand how to implement the proper extension for gvSIG
   using the small library created during the past weeks
   - testing last version of gvSig 2.0 on different machine, communicating
   to gvSig dev team the problems I had
   - studied the documentation about gvSIG extensions structure and
   architecture [1]

 If there's time already this week :

* implement of reading/writing capabilities of 3D geometries from/to
SpatiaLite Blob and WKB
* adding transactions for securing the SQL operations

What I plan to do next week:

   - understand how to implement the SQLite DAL provider extending the gvSIG
   functionalities
   - understand how to use and compile the extension I've created
   - discussing the gvSIG extension basics with the gvSIG development team
   - implement the SQLite DAL provider extending the gvSIG functionalities,
   using the library I've created during the past weeks

Problems:

   - No real problem, just need to understand all the things needed to
   implement the provider for DAL asap and, eventually, loose some time for
   fixing the "3D/4D problems" with JTS(java library used here for WKB/WKT) and
   SpatiaLite Blob. Probably I will be obliged to implement all these functions
   outside JTS.

 [1]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2.0.0/crear-un-proyecto-para-gvsig/estructura-de-un-proyecto-en-gvsig

All the best,