[SoC] QGIS on steroids - week #2

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Jun 8 09:58:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 16:31, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wow, great job!
>> Is the code that adds the treaded rendering already contained in the
>> threading_branch?
>
> yes, I've just committed that code (r13689). As I've written, it's a
> work in progress, but works for me :)

I just compiled it, and I have to say that the rendering does seem a
tad faster, but then again the rendering time is only a few seconds
anyway. Tomorrow I'll try to use a more complex map with more labels
and stuff.

>> Can't wait to compile and give it a try.
>
> For testing, make sure you turn off render caching. To enable threaded
> rendering, open python console and execute:
> qgis.utils.iface.mapCanvas().mapRenderer().setThreadingEnabled(True)

Perfect timing by the way. I was just about to ask about this. All in
all I'd say great job! It didn't introduce any crashes nor anything
else like that. How can I make it default to true?

--Wolf