[SoC] Zap-a-Bug - Week 4 - Flat PDF and Table Editor Issues

Dave Gilmore gilmorenator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:55:57 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Last week I was on Holiday in Barcelona - so I'm well rested and keen to get
stuck back in,

Before I left I was looking into the possibility of implementing layered
PDF's - something that most other packages don't yet have,

You may remember that I couldn't find an open-source API that was capable of
doing this - unfortunately this still remains the case,

My mentor had a look during the last week and couldn't find one either so we
have decided to implement "normal" flat pdfs until one comes along,

If you come across one that can do it then please let me know - My first
task this week is to finish the Export to PDF  plug-in.

My second task this week is to look into table editor issues there are seven
of these in total and the complete list can be found on the wiki,

The table editor is currently written in vb.net I need to have a look if any
of the code is salvageable if not I shall look to rewrite it using c#,

The weekly report can be found on the wiki as usual - http://bit.ly/byucMK

Any opinions or feedback you have on any of the issues to be tackled are
most welcome and encouraged - just drop me a line!

I also have my dissertation proposal to write - so it's going to be a busy
week!

That's all for now folks!

Cheers,

Dave