[SoC] Weekly Report 3 Mapguide

Rohit Razdan rrrazdan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 10:36:50 EDT 2010

Work I did in the last week.

   - The community has decided to upgrade to dbxml 2.5 and xerces 3.0.1
   - Created the discussion that led to this discussion. Did the background
   work on it.
   - Started modifying the mapguide codebase for the changes required for it
   to compile with latest OEM dependencies. This has involved, involved study
   of relevant code portions.

Work I propose to do this week.

   - Create an RFC detailing all the changes required for the switch to the
   new dependencies.
   - Modify the build procedure to work with these native dependencies.
   - Test on CentOS and Ubuntu.

Obstacles this week

   - Native PHP support, a priority for me has taken a back seat. I plan to
   get back to it soon as soon as I finish with dbxml and xerces.

Rohit