[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Mar 10 18:07:46 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 13:12, Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup)
<christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> this is Christoph from Mapbender, I would also like to mentor a student
> during GSoC 2010.

Hey Cristoph!

Welcome aboard!

> Our ideas page is not quite up to date, I will fix that within 48 hours. But

Great, thanks!

> as a preview, we are interested in adding a RESTful API to Mapbender, adding
> a JavaScript vector graphics library like RaphaelJS, or creating complex
> administration interfaces based on jQuery (UI).

Very interesting. We have already a very broad offering, for basically
any sort of programming from algorithms to js GUIs. Great! I think
this summer will be the best one yet!

> Thanks to Wolf for taking the initiative once again, very much appreciated.
> If we can help, let us know.

No, thank YOU. GSoC would be nothing without the mentors. I just keep
greasing them wheels! ;)
If you have something to add to the application, please do so, I will
submit it within 20 hours. Besides that the ideas page for Mapbender
is all I need for now :)

--Wolf