[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 11 06:07:26 EST 2010

Hi Wolf,

Wolf Bergenheim schrieb:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 13:12, Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup)
> <christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> this is Christoph from Mapbender, I would also like to mentor a student
>> during GSoC 2010.
>>

> Hey Cristoph!
>
> Welcome aboard!
>

>> Our ideas page is not quite up to date, I will fix that within 48 hours. But
>>

> Great, thanks!
>

>> as a preview, we are interested in adding a RESTful API to Mapbender, adding
>> a JavaScript vector graphics library like RaphaelJS, or creating complex
>> administration interfaces based on jQuery (UI).
>>

> Very interesting. We have already a very broad offering, for basically
> any sort of programming from algorithms to js GUIs. Great! I think
> this summer will be the best one yet!

Yes, we're in need of a more generic approach, relying on jQuery and
it's fantastic plugins. In the long run, we hope to contribute to and
use the GeoJQuery project, which is slowly emerging. I think Mapbender
has a unique view on some aspects, and we want to share them with the
OSGeo community. Anyone, please contact us if you think there is a
synergy here.

>> Thanks to Wolf for taking the initiative once again, very much appreciated.
>> If we can help, let us know.
>>

> No, thank YOU. GSoC would be nothing without the mentors. I just keep
> greasing them wheels! ;)
> If you have something to add to the application, please do so, I will
> submit it within 20 hours. Besides that the ideas page for Mapbender
> is all I need for now :)

The ideas page is now more or less up to date, see
http://www.mapbender.org/GSoC_2010#Ideas
It's already linked from and to the OSGeo ideas page.

Greetings,

Christoph

--

----------------------------------