[SoC] Zap-a-bug!

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Mar 12 17:35:29 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 21:15, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> for projects like GDAL and QGIS with >~ 1000 open bugs in their bug
>> trackers, I humbly submit the OSGeo "Zap-a-bug!" 2010 SoC project idea.
>>
>> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_SoC_Ideas_2010#Other
>
> catchy idea!
> +1 for mentoring it. As you say, it requires the student to be already
> familiar with trac, bugs, and obviously the code.

I agree, nice idea! Requires is maybe a bit steep. I think that the
student might have enough time to learn the ropes during the bonding
period ;) Also the rules should state that only bugs squashed during
the official coding time would be counted (unless explicitly agreed
with the mentor).

> ""Students who are officially enrolled at their university and the SoC
> program with the given name of "Frank" (or obvious lingual equivalent)
> will start the summer with an automatic 10 points"" <- lol :D

Funny :D
Remember to also accept female derivates of "Frank" ;)

--Wolf