[SoC] Add OGC SOS support to GeoKettel

Thierry Badard Thierry.Badard at scg.ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 31 07:52:24 EDT 2010

Erdal Karaca a écrit :
> Hello SoC team,
> I am interested in providing a SOS data source to GeoKettel.
> Right now, I have little or no experiences with GeoKettel. Yet, I have
> advanced experiences in java programming and eclipse rcp.
> I am a master's student in "geodesy and geoinformatics" at the
> University of Applied Sciences in Oldenburg, Germany, looking forward
> to get in touch with the spatial open source community.
>
> Best regards,
> Erdal Karaca

Hi Erdal,

Please note that the support of SOS in GeoKettle is currently under
development by another member of the Spatialytics.org community. So
feeding a geospatial data warehouse with data coming from for instance
the 52north SOS implementation should be possible shortly with GeoKettle.

If you are interested in adding new data sources support in GeoKettle, I
invite you to consider the support for reading/writing OSM data or if
you want to focus on OGC compliant web services, WFS support is another
important feature we want to add to GeoKettle. OGR support is also part
of our plans in the near future but could be too complex for a GSoC project.

Any other idea is obviously welcome so do not hesitate to propose your
own idea ;-).

I invite you to join the GeoKettle users and dev mailing lists:

Do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further your proposal.

Cheers,

Th.

--
Prof. Thierry Badard, Ph.D.

Professeur au Département des sciences géomatiques
(http://www.scg.ulaval.ca)
Chercheur régulier au Centre de Recherche en Géomatique
(http://www.crg.ulaval.ca)
Chercheur régulier du Réseau de Centres d'Excellence GEOIDE
(http://www.geoide.ulaval.ca)
Responsable du projet de formation sur les normes
internationales en géomatique
(http://standards.scg.ulaval.ca)
Administrateur des projets open source :
   GeoKettle (http://www.geokettle.org)
   GeoMondrian (http://www.geo-mondrian.org)
   SOLAPLayers (http://www.solaplayers.org)
   GeOxygene (http://oxygene-project.sourceforge.net)
Membre votant de la fondation OSGeo
(http://www.osgeo.org)

Département des sciences géomatiques
Faculté de foresterie, de géographie et de géomatique
Pavillon Louis-Jacques Casault
1055, avenue du Séminaire
Local 1343
Université Laval
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Canada

Tél.: +1.418.656-7116 - Fax: +1.418.656-7411
Courriel : Thierry.Badard at scg.ulaval.ca
Web: http://geosoa.scg.ulaval.ca

*AVERTISSEMENT*

Avis relatif à la confidentialité