[SoC] GeoServer mentor application

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Fri Apr 1 03:08:11 EDT 2011

Hi all,
my name is Andrea Aime, I would like to make myself available
as a mentor for the GeoServer project.

During the last years I've been  a core developer of GeoTools and GeoServer
and mentored a few students in previous Summer of Code editions.

For this summer of code I'm mainly interested in helping out whoever wants
to work on improving GeoServer integrated security subsystem, be it
for better/more flexible authentication or authorization subsystems.

I'm in any case open to other ideas, web GIS is a vast and beatuful
subject, there is a ton of interesting stuff that could be done.
Some ideas here:

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Google+Summer+of+Code+2011

Cheers
Andrea