[SoC] GeoServer mentor application

christian.mueller at nvoe.at christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Mon Apr 4 08:19:13 EDT 2011

Hi, my name is Christian Mueller and I would like to work on
better/more flexible authentication or authorization subsystems. My
idea is to have a multiplexing authentication plugin which allows
different authentication mechanisms for different clients. (based on
IP Address, login id,  http header attributes and much more).

A second important part is to offer our users the possibility to write
their own authentication plugin and use their own backends.
Configuration should be possible using the GUI Interface or using REST.

Should I create a description in the wiki and add a link to
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Google+Summer+of+Code+2011

Cheers
Christian