[SoC] Voting on proposals

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 04:46:53 EDT 2011

Jorge wrote:
> Maybe I've missed something and it's on the wiki, but let me ask how
> this year will be done the election of proposals?
>
> Should every project PSC order their students proposals like we did last
> year or they should be voted by the mentors at melange as in 2009?

Hi,

make your comments in melange and put forward your willingness to mentor
any project which you'd take on using the button there.

Each OSGeo project will then decide which (if any) of the applications for
their particular project they like, and rank the viable ones. Please then
send your project's ranking & primary mentor selections to Wolf &/or Anne &
me. (organize that internally as you like, but remember this is a public
mailing list)  Once those results are all in Wolf will arrange them in
melange as needed and we'll progress from there.

Voting buttons have been turned off to avoid confusion.

If you really aren't sure about any of the submissions for your project
have a look around at the other applications, maybe there is a proposal
for another osgeo project which could better use your slot + time?

regards,
Hamish