[SoC] GSoC weekly report 13 (Astronomical image processing plug-in for Opticks)

Yiwei Zhang zhangyiwei79 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:41:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

In this week, I finish the image registration function for astronomical
images

After we have find out the matching points of the stars in the master image
and slave image, we can get the correlation matrix of the coordinates of the
matching points. Then based on singular value decomposition, we can compute
the rotation matrix and translation matrix to minimize the error between the
actual coordinates and computed coordinates

After we have computed the parameter matrix, we can map the slave image to
the master image and combine the two images together

Next week I will write documents and make the installation package for the
plug-in

The detailed report can be found here:
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~yiwei/Status+Report+for+Week+13%2C+GSoC+2011